Error Code 0x1 – Wrong Number of Data Buffers

Forums X2Pro5 Error Code 0x1 – Wrong Number of Data Buffers

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 3 days ago by James Carrick.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jess.nottage
    Participant

Just purchased X2P5 and am unsuccessfully attempting to convert an FCPX XML to embedded AAF using X2P5. Initially the export was failing due to a specific clip so I’ve removed that clip in FCPX and tried again but now receiving an error code 0x1 Adding Sample Data for asset [r198.1] Adding Sample Data – Wrong number of data buffers (see attached screen grab). Please help.

I’ve attached the XML with problem clip removed.

Thanks

Jess

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      James Carrick
      Keymaster

Dear Jess,

Have looked in the FCPXML and there is an asset r198, which is “Updates%20Graphics%20Clips%20for%20Adam.mov” which is located in ///Volumes/British%20Museum%20BACK%20UP%202/BritishMuseum_Razzall_180923%20-%20MASTER.fcpbundle/GFX%20-%20test/Original%20Media

It is described as duration=”149100/2500s” hasVideo=”1″ format=”r1″ hasAudio=”1″ videoSources=”1″ audioSources=”3″ audioChannels=”2″ audioRate=”48000″.

I think what we have is a discrepancy between how the FCPXML describes it and how it actually is.

Will mail you a link to upload the clip in question and we can investigate.

Yours Sincerely

James.

jess.nottage
        Participant

Hi James.

I can’t share the clip itself because it belongs to our client and is pre transmission material. However, I’ve attached a screen grab of the Inspector for that clip. I hope that helps.

Kind regards

Jess

Attachments:
          jess.nottage
          Participant

As a test I have removed the instances of that clip from the FCPX sequence (the clip s used 5 times), exported a new XML and tried again. It has failed again with a similar error. We can’t have a situation where we have to remove multiple clips in order to create an AAF.

Do you have a solution or do we need a process a refund?

Kind regards

Jess

Attachments:
            Tim Robson
            Keymaster

Jess,
              as you can’t supply us with the pre-transmission clips can you find or record a clip which, when put into a new sequence, behaves in the same way? If you can then we can investigate the problem which appears, from the error message, to be a badly described clip (metadata). We need to be able to see whether it is the clip or the XML which has bad metadata to be able to investigate and fix this.

Tim.

jess.nottage
              Participant

Hi Tim,

I appreciate you ideally need samples but we don’t have time to create new clips. We haven’t been able to export a single AAF even after removing multiple clips. It’s a real shame as there is a real need for this product but unfortunately, it doesn’t appear to be fully developed for professional deployment at this time. I think we’ll have no choice but to process the refund.

I really hope you guys can crack these issues and put out a robust solution in the future.

Could I also feedback that the product would be improved if it could simply complete an AAF conversion, even if that meant that it generated a list of clips and time-codes that it couldn’t process and that weren’t in the final AAF. That would be preferred to current situation which is just to fail the AAF creation leaving us with nothing.

Kind regards

Jess

James Carrick
                Keymaster

Hi Jess,

Sorry to hear that, and I can understand you want a refund, which you are entitled to. There is unfortunately not a lot we can do this end, as the media description is different in the XML to what AVFoundation sees when it looks at it. Would be happy to sign an NDA if it helped.

Could I ask you for one favour, would you be able to advise what created the original source media please ?

Yours Sincerely and many thanks.

James.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Scroll to top