Help please! X2Pro errors: “Unable to Parse”, “Asset has no media”

Forums X2Pro5 forum Help please! X2Pro errors: “Unable to Parse”, “Asset has no media”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    me888
    Participant

Folks if someone could help I would be SO grateful.

I have a 90 minutes project in FCPX (10.7.1), editing on macbook (Sonoma 14.4).

First I outputted a 15 minute XML and then converted to AAF in X2ProLE. It worked fine.

But every time I try to output the full 90 min version it says “Unable to Parse FCPXML”.
      I then purchased X2Pro5. This time it gave me an error “Asset [r1337 : nil] has no media. (Snapshots attached).
      I also got a different error one time saying a file may not be supported.

I have already copied the project into a brand new library and outputted. I already tried making the file name all lower case. I already made sure that app got full disk access. I already made sure the source and destination were selected. Nothing works.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Tim Robson
      Keymaster

I can see that there is a problem but we will need the XML to investigate further, the message is one which describes the internal name of an asset in the project but the XML is needed to work out what file that relates to. It appears that one or more assets has audio of a type which can’t be extracted by the software, it may be that they are not compatible with the AVF audio extractor or they could be corrupted (not very likely). If you can convert these assets to a proxy format the proxies will almost certainly be readable, however, a copy of the XML would allow us to identify which asset(s) need to be converted and also allow us to request a sample file to investigate the reason that the audio in them can’t be extracted.

me888
        Participant
          James Carrick
          Keymaster

Dear Bob,

Thanks for the xml,  looking at it the issue is that it has an asset listed

But it has no details and is not closed and complete,  i.e. it should look something like this.

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

It should have an   to end.

So we quite rightly fail to parse it,  there is reference later in the XML but only one line and that again is not complete,  so the XML is corrupt.  We have removed the two lines and we can process the XML and generate an AAF,  will send a link with both in via WeTransfer to you shortly.

Lines removed.

We created the AAF using the current version of X2pro5.

Hope the above helps,  not sure how FCPX created the XML so badly but it did.

Yours Sincerely

James.

me888
            Participant

James, thank you SO much. You are my hero!

Kindly any chance at all to do the same to the final deliverable xmls that I have. I would be very very very grateful: I am on a super deadline so it would mean a lot.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/grxts4tg7sn05paouue7w/AGfT5l7vUAe8VaCPEuAxjnA?rlkey=a7nilujnq7fopmkg8omii54f3&st=wgtdw5mu&dl=0

Also, any chance to copy and past the corrupt line so I can remove it from future xmls.
              regards and thank you for your amazing amazing help.
              Bob

Noel Jones
              Keymaster

Hi Bob,

As before the FCPXML was corrupt. If you open the FCPXML in a text editor and search for r1342 you will find two references to it, but they don’t reference any media files. All I did was remove the two references and save the FCPXML. After that X2Pro5 was able to Parse and Process the AAF.

I will send you a separate email with all the details.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Scroll to top