“Cannot open” error

Forums X2Pro5 forum “Cannot open” error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joshgir52
    Participant

Posted this on the legacy forum but it doesn’t seem active so thought I’d try here:

I keep receiving a “Cannot open” error message and I’m not sure how to go about fixing it. Running x2pro in test mode, I can see all the media files that can’t be opened, but they’re all in the right locations on the drive. I’m also getting errors in test mode saying “Unsupported audio filter/adjustment.” The only things I can think of are that I don’t have permissions for these specific files, they’re corrupted, or that these are all clips with audio processing on them that weren’t committed into their own files, so they can’t be referenced or embedded properly. I tried converting them in Shutter Encoder which didn’t work in x2pro because they weren’t .mxf anymore, but the files played just fine in there so I’m quite confused as to what’s happening here. I’d love some insight as to what might be going on here and how to fix it. I tried to figure it out myself in Final Cut but I’m not the editor, I’m just the sound mixer, so I was pretty confused by the way it handles audio. If there’s anything I can do in Final Cut to fix this, though, I can give it a try.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      James Carrick
      Keymaster

Dear Joshgir52

Can you check that you can access the folder, and that the named 102.mxf file is there. :///Volumes/Moving%20Room/Final%20Cut%20Original%20Media/2024-01-27/1O2.mxf

If the file is there can you go to x2pro settings, preferences, and media locations and add /Moving%20Room/Final%20Cut%20Original%20Media

Test mode in X2Pro will create an AAF regardless of whether the media is present or not, so it really can only be used for testing or emergencies.

Please advise.

Yours Sincerely

James.

joshgir52
        Participant

Hi James,

Thanks for the fast response. Yes, I have that entire drive set as a media location but I just tried to add the specific folders as well and it still won’t run. I had just ran it in test mode to see exactly which files it was getting hung up on and I got most of them to transfer to ProTools, just not these specific ones. In the regular mode, it says:

Adding essence for asset [3A5] to AAF file
          Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [3A5]
          Failed to initialise audio extractor with default bit depth of 24
          Error Setting up for audio extraction (Cannot Open)

This file and the others it lists in test mode are all .MXF like the others it can access, but maybe the audio within that is unsupported? I can open this and all other files just fine individually in ProTools after using the test AAF, but when I try to relink the files manually it cannot locate them, even though they’re in the correct locations and fully accessible. I tried to add my XML as well but it’s saying I’m not allowed to upload that filetype. Thanks for the assistance, much appreciated.

James Carrick
          Keymaster

Dear Josh,

Are you able to either look in the FCPXML for asset 3A5 or forward the XML for us to discover the name and location of the file.

If possible we would like a copy of the .mxf to look at how it is built. WE use Apples AVFoundation to read the file, and it works with a lot of MXF files but not all. We do not have a definitive list of what codecs in MXF it is happy not happy with it, and if you ask Apple you will not get a definitive list, so we would need to test the individual files.

Will forward a folder on an ftp site to upload the asset 3A5 if you know it or you can upload the FCPXML and we can look for it and advise.

Yours Sincerely

James.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to top