Found a bug related to file name

Forums X2Pro5 Found a bug related to file name

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    filmyak
    Participant

Just upgraded to the new version and found a bug. Got an error that “failed to open any bookmark…”
      (see screengrab).

I checked out the source file and found the issue. This is a temp track downloaded from YouTube, and whoever named it added an emoji to the file name. FCP handled it just fine, but X2P did NOT like it. Soon as I removed the emoji and relinked the file in FCP, X2P worked as it should.

I’d suggest either allowing emojis in file names, or updating the error message. Easy fix on my end, at least!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      James Carrick
      Keymaster

Dear Filmyak,

Many thanks, I would never have thought of an emoji in the file name. Will test here, and would be very grateful if you could advise what emoji they put in the file name.

Yours Sincerely

James.

filmyak
        Participant

The emoji they used was musical notes:
          🎶

Yeah I didn’t expect that either.

Tim Robson
          Keymaster

Thanks for the update, we’ll look at why this is a problem and try to get it sorted out.

filmyak
            Participant

Follow up… I have a similar error on another reel.. this one has no emojis in the file name.

It’s for a temp sound effect I downloaded from the internet. How do I tell X2P to log the error, and move on without including the sound? I don’t want to deal with fixing it, and I’d prefer to not have to delete it completely from the timeline… anyway to override how it does error handling?

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              James Carrick
              Keymaster

Hi Filmyak,

If we were to just ignore clips that are not there, then we are creating an AAF that is incorrect, and at some point someone will say further downstream “where is media “x”. So I hope you can understand we should not knowingly create an AAF that is bad.

In FCPX it is fairly simple to “Edit”, then select “Find” and pop in the name of the missing media to locate it in the project and then make the decision to remove it or not from the project.

Yours Sincerely

James

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Scroll to top