Error message

Forums X2Pro5 forum Error message

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Beuttell.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Beuttell
    Participant

When attempting to convert my exported XML file into an AAF, an error message occurs, suggesting that I ensure the filename and directory are valid. I can’t see why there’d be anything wrong with the file name or the folder the AAF is directed to, so I’m unsure what the issue might be. If someone could throw some ideas at me, that’d be much appreciated. Thanks.

Beuttell
      Participant

Just read the rules post. Here’s the message I receive when attempting to convert:

“Creating AAF Audio File
        Opening AAF File (please ensure that the filename and directory are valid)
        Error code: 0x80000004”

I have no idea how I would go about looking into the suggestions here. What would make the filename and directory invalid?

According to your rules page, you like people with converting issues to attach their XML, but I can’t see a button that supports attachments, so I’ll need direction if that’s the case.

Beuttell
        Participant

Using Macbook Pro M1 2020 16gb, Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71), FCPX 10.7.1, X2Pro5 v5.0.25 (51)

terryb
          Participant

Inside the Media Locations tab, is there a green checkmark or a warning?

Beuttell
            Participant

There’s a green checkmark.

Simon Fearn
              Keymaster

Hi,

Could you try and re-add the location for the output of the AAF please. This will just to make sure the access rights are up to date.

Thanks,

Simon

Beuttell
                Participant

Problem solved, thank you for your responses. I re-added the media in a different way, and the conversion was enabled.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Scroll to top