Synced clips and dual mono audio tracks out of sync in AAF

Forums X2Pro5 forum Synced clips and dual mono audio tracks out of sync in AAF

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by James Carrick.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Emile
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve just purchased X2Pro 5 to transfer a feature documentary film over to sound post, and I can’t seem to find a solution for the following problem:

Every thing is nice and tidy in the timeline, and every audio track has the right role assigned. However, X2Pro creates an AAF with audio tracks from synced clips that are completely out of sync. What’s more surprising, is that is creates an offset between two dual mono tracks that are initially the same recording form a single audio source directly plugged in the camera and embedded in the video file.

Please take a look at the screenshot attached, all of the five tracks with the white arrow should be synced.
      Please also take a look at the second screenshot with the error message.

Does anybody has a solution for this? If not, how can I get a refund?

Thanks in advance 🙂

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Emile.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      James Carrick
      Keymaster

Dear Emile

Can you attach the fcpxml please.

Many thanks

James.

Emile
        Participant

Hi James,
          Thanks for your reply. It appears that by switching computers it solved the issue… It worked for a 1-min extract of the edit.
          However now that I’m trying to do this for the whole edit (83min), I keep on getting an error message (see screenshot attached please).

Do you have any idea how I can get it to work?

Thanks so much in advance,

Emile

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          Emile
          Participant

Hi, I have failed to transfer the audio edit from our feature documentary to sound post using X2PRO 5. I spent two days trying every settings possible, and it never worked well. I lost two days of work and the purchase of X2PRO…

I would like to be refunded please.

Thank you,

Emile

James Carrick
            Keymaster

Dear Emile

Am sorry to hear that, we were more than happy to help you as you were struggling over the last couple of days. I quite understand why you would want a refund, I believe you just need to ask the AppStore for one, we have no commercial or App User details from the AppStore, so you will need to go back and ask them.

I have to apologise I did not see your update on the 6th July till today. Still happy to look into it if you want us to, obviously you can still ask for the AppStore for a refund, we would need the FCPXML to investigate.

Yours Sincerely

James.

Emile
              Participant

Hi James,

Thanks but I’ve lost too much time in a critical moment of postproduction, I will just ask for a refund. If at some point I do need to try again the app, I will do so and get back to you. Thanks.

Best,

Emile

James Carrick
                Keymaster

Dear Emile

Am sorry to hear that.

Yours sincerely

James

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Scroll to top